Friday, February 27, 2009

One Sheet Wonder Headache!

Phew! I'm finally done preparing for my one sheet wonder stamp camp tomorrow, and I have a headache! I have to say, this took A LOT more time to prepare for than the stamp-a-stack's I normally do. The layout is derived from mae collins' layout in the link below and from the chicks with ink pad's version of mae's layout (also below). My set includes 12 cards and a coordinating carry case. I could have gotten 15 cards out of the one sheet of DSP, but I just didn't have it in me to come up with 3 more cards! I used the SU! Raspberry Tart designer series paper and my cards used the SU! colors Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, and Cameo Coral. Lots of different techniques were used on the cards!

Layout from: and

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cuddly Baby Bear

Hi All,

This card was made for one of my good highschool (and middle school!) friends. She and her husband are expecting their first, and you guessed's a girl! This afternoon is their baby shower, so I had to make a card for them! I used the Cute and Cuddly set from the Stampin' Up! Spring/Summer catty. I think it's a super-cute set, and I'm pleased with the way the card came out. Most of the work was in cutting out the shapes with the nesties. I watercolored the bear in close to cocoa, creamy caramel, and regal rose. The bear was stamped in stazon brown on SU! watercolor paper. This card also qualifies for 2 scs challenges this week! Woohoo! It qualifies for the sketch challenge and the ways to use it challenge! (SC216 and WT206)

Monday, February 9, 2009

Case the Catty Pizzazz Wow!

This is my second (and last) card for the case the catty card swap. The goal was to case a card in the catty. I love Petal Pizazz, so I decided to turn the scrapbook page on 90-A into a card. I didn't have the DSP that was used in the catty, but I think my results are still pretty cool. I can tell you my hand hurt after cutting out all the flowers for 10 of these babies!

Case the Catty Pretty Pansies

Oh the irony! I just completed some cards for a card swap (case the catty), and then took a look at today's challenge on splitcoaststampers and realized my card would work for it! The point of the swap is to case a card from the new Spring/Summer catty.

One of my cards was page 85-A. You can see that I pretty much did the same layout, but I changed the colors and some of the accessories. I think it's hard to tell in the photo, but the pot for the flowers is actually completely cut out and adhered onto the stamped image.

Ironically, this is the only card I have with the cut out image. At first, I couldn't figure out how to get the words in the pot without making a mess of the stamped image. So, I was thinking I was going to have to stamp the flowers in the pot once on the main cardstock, and then stamp them a second time on scrap cardstock. Then, stamp the words on the scrap cardstock, cut the pot out, and adhere it to the main image.

I did that once and thankfully realized I could use the left overs from the cut out image as sort of a stencil. Thank heavens I figured that out early on!

I hope you like it!