Saturday, March 14, 2009

Baby Elephant Sparkles


Hi All,


As you can see from my posts, I have reached that point in my life when people aren't getting married...they're have babies! I made this card for a good work friend of mine. I am so excited for her! The card is for her surprise work shower that another co-worker and I are putting on. So, the card had to be larger than the normal 5.5 x 4.25 size for all those well wishers to be able to have space to sign! The card is 5 x 7 (I had some envelopes left over from some wedding invites I did...so I thought...perfect). The card layout is from this weeks sketch challenge on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/. I've included a link to the challenge below. I think it also qualifies for today's inspiration challenge (also linked below along with my inspiration)! Woohoo! A two for one special!


All products are Stampin' Up! except for the designer series paper (that I got from Michaels) and the nesties. The card base is done in apricot appeal with a tempting turquoise layer. I used my nesties to cut out the square shapes, and my SU! punches to cut out the circles. I used my SU! eyelet punch to create the lace effect, and I used my satin organza ribbon to add extra punch to the card. The elephant image was water colored with tempting turquoise, appricot appeal, pretty in pink, going gray, and bashful blue. I also added some eyelets with my crop-a-dile (seriously...the best invention ever) to complete the main image. Both the nesties stack and the punch stack were adhered with dimensionals for an added pop!


I hope you like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment