Saturday, March 21, 2009

Flutterby Butterfly


Finally, a chance to stamp a card just for the sake of a challenge! I got to use two of my new items from the Stampin' Up! spring mini (which is fabulous this year!). I was able to use the new stamp set Great Friend and my new oval SCALLOP punch! Wahoo! It's about time they came out with an oval scallop punch, I say!


This card was inspired by the following image for today's SCS's inspiration challenge (IC172...link also below). I really love cards with butterflies and so I thought the butterfly dress was the perfect inspiration! I am also having a birthday stamp-a-stack next weekend, and I think I can modify this card for the stamp-a-stack by simply using only one butterfly and removing the pearls. Wahoo!


The card base is in chocolate chip with a pink pirouette layer. Then, I used the sweet always DSP to create the next layer. Chocolate chip ribbon is wrapped around the two layers, and the butterflies were stamped in chocolate chip and pink pirouette and then cut out by hand. I used non-SU pearls as added embellishment down the bodies of the butterflies. The butterflies were adhered with mini glue dots. The expression was stamped in chocolate chip and then layered on pink pirouette and chocolate chip oval and scallop oval papers. It was adhered with dimensionals.


Hope you enjoy this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment