Saturday, November 21, 2009

Harvest Hi!


I wanted to make a Thanksgiving card for a friend of mine (and her family) who has been fairly ill lately. I love this stamp set, and I hope the cheerfulness of it brings a little extra comfort to her this Thanksgiving.


I participated in two SCS challenges with this card. First, I did today's Inspiration Challenge (IC207). My inspiration came from the photo below, and primarily it was the orange-Autumnal colors that were my inspiration. I also participated in this week's sketch challenge (SC255). It's kind of funny because I also cased one of my own cards in this design of this one (link below).


This card took me AWHILE to make...there was a lot of cutting and a lot of layering. I used the Loads of Love and the Loads of Love Accessories stamp sets my SU!. The main image was stamped in stazon ink and then water colored using reinkers and blender pens (my absolutely favorite technique). I hand-drew the stitching along the border, and sponged around the edge of the main image as well. The mesh in the background was created by using drywall tape that i smooshed into my copper stamp pad. I think the effect is super cute! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment