Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Block is Banished!


This is the last card I did for my class on Saturday. I needed a sympathy card earlier this week, but before I even knew I needed it, I knew I wanted to do one for my class this week. I really wanted to use Thoughts and Prayers in my class, but it was on backorder. Grrrrrrrr. So, I put this card together, but inspired by the Thoughts and Prayers card in the new SU! catalog. I added the pearl beads to the side, so that people could see what a little extra bling with do for a card!

The main image was stamped once in Always Artichoke, and then again without reinking. I used the tearing edge tool for all the edges, and finally the eyelet border punch for the last layer. I used my linen background stamp in always artichoke on the kraft layer. Finally, I also sponged the edges of the main image lightly in always artichoke.

I'm pleased with the results, and I'm confident my ladies will like the card in the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment