Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Second Card of the Day


Ok, so I don't want to toot my own horn, but I'm so in love with my own card! Even DH said, "Wow, that is really nice!" when I showed it to him!

This card was made for splitcoaststampers' Wednesday's sketch challenge, SC212. I didn't have time to participate earlier in the week, and it's one of my favorite challenges!

I used some non-SU! DSP for the background and layers. Then, I used my oval and square nesties for the image and word pieces. I then took my color spritzer tool to spritz all over both of those pieces as well. Eyelets added a little extra detail along with the ribbon. BUT, my favorite addition of all is the dazzling diamonds! I cut out the pieces of the little boat, punched out some stars, and ran my two-way glue pen all over the pieces. Then, I sprinkled dazzling diamonds over the boat pieces and stars. I think the result is marvelous!!! Finally, the pieces were adhered with dimensionals for a little added...well, dimension!

I hope you like it as I'll be wearing dazzling diamonds for days! LOL!

What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment