Monday, January 26, 2009

Sympathy Card


Today I decided not to do any challenges on splitcoaststampers. It was a bit of a rough day as our team got into work and found out that a co-workers teenage daughter died over the weekend. Our co-worker is really a very kind person, and I cannot imagine what a hard time this is for him and his family. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Tonight I came home to make him and his family a sympathy card from our team. I drew inspiration from the card below.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1200970?si=sympathy

I embossed the vanilla cardstock with a cuttlebug embossing folder. Then, I lightly sponged over the embossed cardstock in mellow moss. Next, I sponged the edges of the embossed carstock in perfect plum, and ran the edges through the plum stamp pad.

I used the Dreams du Jour stamp set to create the butterflies. I watercolored the butterflies in perfect plum and so saffron, cut each butterfly out, and added pearl beads down the body of the butterflies. They are adhered with a mini glue dot, and the wings are slightly popped off the page.

Again, please keep my co-worker in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment